Saturday, March 2, 2013

WoooHooo!

"In the service of the Lord, it is not so much where you serve, but how."  Pres. McKay
There are beautiful flowers all over.  I guess that means spring has sprung.  Chad, our oldest  son, makes fun of me because I love to take pictures of flowers.  This has my favorite colors/ yellow and orange.
 
Another busy week started with Elder Ulu having minor surgery on Monday.  He is a big guy (Samoan) and calls Elder McOmber his "Buddy".  We stayed with his companion through surgery and made sure he understood discharge instructions and got home safe and sound.  These experiences are all learning experiences for all involved.  Again, I was impressed with the Catholic hospital.

 
This is right outside the office door.  Flowers have been blooming year round!

Tuesday we took Elder George to the Airport (LAX). He served a great mission and is going home.
We spent the rest of Tuesday getting ready for Zone Conferences.
 

Our three zones.  The Relief Society provides lunch for us in these Zone Conferences. (We have 3 different ones in three different places.)  The Elders and Sisters all sing "As I have Loved You" to the sisters that serve lunch.  It is always yummy food!  We appreciate the Relief Society and they are touched by the Song the missionaries  sing.
Elders Sheanshang and Elder McIver (he is from New Zealand)  I made awards for having clean apartments.  The Elders and Sisters who had a 9.9-10/10 on cleanliness in their apartments got a certificate and special treats.  There were 25 companionship's (out of 75 companionship's) that got the awards this time around.  Woo Hoo!
See Elder Olson standing between the Twin Towers.



Some of our wonderful Elders and Sisters


 

 


Elder McOmber Checking cars at the Zone Conference.  There are 70+ cars in our mission as of this time.  The Office Elders all check the cars over.  Of course, Elder McOmber LOVES being under the hood of any vehicle!!!
Elder McOmber protecting his head in the 80+ degree weather as he checks the cars. He loves his new "Gangster" Hat!

 


I prepared a power point on "Stress" and it's signs, effects and the need to find a stress relief.  I feel that many of the 1500 minutes of phone calls and 350-700 texts that I get each month have to do with stress. My busiest times are right before transfers and after P day.  The new missionaries have a lot of stress.   I had some of the elders and sisters  tell me that they did "get something" from my presentation and I pray that it helps them for  all of their lives.  I wish I could do more interactive things, but I do try to get them to participate.  The rest of the Zone Conferences are presented by our wonderful Elders and Sisters.  They are wonderful!!!  I learn so much from them!
  WooHoo!

This week was Avri's 9th Birthday-WooHoo!  Kingston's 3rd birthday is next Monday WOOHoo!!. He was the grandchild that I delivered because the Dr did not show up in time.  I miss all our grandchildren!!!!!!!!!!
Today we spent time at 3 different missionary apartments trying to help them.  Luckily they were not too far from each other.  Saturday is usually a busy phone day also.


WooHoo,  We love that we are able to get onto the Internet.  As the President says, "Seniors  have a different kind of mission from the young Elders and Sisters.".  We were able to Stream our hometown Basketball team win the state 4A Championship for the second year. They came from 12 behind to win by 2 points. I love close games whether we win or loose, but it is a bonus to win!  It was neat to hear the names we know and the advertisements from Rigby, ID.    I am sure they could hear me scream from there.  Lonnie shut the motor home windows to muffle my sound. 
 We were able to see a couple of our grand kids in the stands also.   GO Rigby!! WoooHooo!
It has been a good week, "Thank you Heavenly Father!"


"When you take the path that climbs, that harder path of the Savior, there are rewards along the way. When you do something right, when you resist temptation, when you meet a goal, you will feel very good about it. It is a very different kind of feeling than you have when you violate commandments--an altogether different feeling. It brings a measure of peace and comfort and provides encouragement to press on."


No comments:

Post a Comment