Saturday, September 7, 2013

Questions from Missionaries

Isn't it interesting that things that we go through and the things we are studying can also  help others.  I had two missionaries this week call me (one call and one text) with the question, to quote one of them, but both had the same question.   "How do we go out (to do missionary work) and forget ourselves when we're not healthy...sorry its kind of a deep question"  I, with my recent health concerns and what I have been studying, could answer them. 
 

The September Ensign, had a wonderful article from President Uchtdorf.  "Saints for All Season's".  It was perfect for me and a good article that I  referred the missionaries to read .   My favorite quote is "The question is not whether we will experience seasons of adversity by how we will weather the storms.  Our great opportunity during the ever-changing seasons of life is to hold fast to the faithful word of God, for His counsel is designed not only to help us weather the storms of life but also to guide us past them." I highlighted most of the article--please read, it is awesome! 
I love reading my scriptures and have found many answers and encouragements from my scriptures.
D & C 24:8
 
I said more to these missionaries, but will not include it here.  I have many interesting questions, everything from ingrown toenail to helping Crohn's disease to insurance questions.  I am thankful for computers where I can look up those things that I do not know or check drugs that I have never heard of.  I am also thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that helps me in my calling.  I could not answer many of the questions without saying a prayer first and listening to the Spirit!!!
 
This week was Labor day.  Missionaries do not realize when it is a holiday, but we were invited to our friend's home for a supper picnic inside. 
Amen!!
The Edgars, Trish and Dave with Trish's parents.  Her mother is Jewish and she and Elder McOmber had an interesting talk on Jesus and the Jewish religion.
Today, Lonnie and I went to the Nethercutt Collection Museum.(Owned by the Merle Norman owmers)  I had gone with Liz and kids, but he could not go.  I knew he would love the cars and music machines.  They have 260 antique automobiles and many other collections.  It is free, even better.
An Imperial grand piano with 97 keys.
 
This week was great.  I am feeling better and better, I was able to exercise everyday this week.  Elder McOmber worked his long hours, as usual and I take calls all hours day and night and went to the office to visit with missionaries three days this week.  We love our mission!
 

"In a world where the moral compass of society is faltering, the restored gospel of Jesus Christ never wavers, nor should its stakes and wards, its families, or its individual members. We must not pick and choose which commandments we think are important to keep but acknowledge all of God's commandments. We must stand firm and steadfast, having perfect confidence in the Lord's consistency and perfect trust in His promises."L. Tom Perry, "Obedience to Law Is Liberty"

 


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing your wisdom and testimony with all of us and especially with all of the missionaries in the Great California Long Beach Mission! We love you and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete