Sunday, September 30, 2012

Happy Fall Ya'll




This is my sewing project from last weekend. I don't get too much time to sew, but it is therapy for me.
   It is hard to believe that it is Autumn.  Yesterday the temperatures were in the 80's here and 90's-100 farther inland,  ("in the valley"-still not sure where that is yet)  and it has been sunny.  At night it goes down into the 60's.  Elder McOmber still keeps the air conditioning on cooler than I need, but not as cool as he thinks he needs.   
     Since we live in a RV park, people are always coming and going.  Some are the same people that come and go, others come and leave.  There are a few like us, "residents".  One couple have lived here for 4 years, just moved spots a couple of times.  Elder McOmber has left 2 Book of Mormon's in the Laundry room.  They have gone and come back a couple of times.  Last night a lady that is parked near us started talking to him and he found out she has one of the Book of Mormons and is 2/3 the way through  reading it.  He talked with her for 30 minutes.  Maybe we can have the elders over for dinner and introduce them.  That is better than the people that hurry the other way when they hear we are missionaries.
My other project last weekend.  I just gathered orange material together around a pillow and around plastic garbage sacks to make my "pumpkins".
 
Here is our "garden" from Elder Warburton.  We have been eating tomatoes and peppers from it, so we do have a "harvest".

"Strong moral character results from consistent correct choices in the trials and testing of life. Such choices are made with trust in things that are believed and when acted upon are confirmed."
                        ”Richard G. Scott, "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character"
 
     It is hard to be here with some family issues at home in Idaho, we would like to be there to help and be a support.  It was interesting that this (Elder Scott's quote) was one of the messages sent to my e-mail this week then I had to reflect on Elder Carter's (one of our AP-Assistant to the President) teachings in Zone conference...
Elder Carter's baseball coach sent him a letter after he had been on his mission for about 4 months:   "Character is the ability to stick to a commitment when the initial excitement of the commitment is over."  The excitement is not over, but the pull of family is definitely there.  I have received a confirmation in my heart that this is where the Lord wants us to be.  He loves all his children and will help them all, including my troubled family, where ever they are.  He has definitely blessed us being here!

Elder McOmber "teaching" Elder Carter to leg wrestle in the middle of the office.  Did Elder Carter let Elder McOmber win?
     Wasn't Relief Society Conference great last night?  I loved it, especially President Eyring's talk about his daughter delivering a 25 week baby.  I knew what that family and the hospital staff were going through and yes, I still miss it.  It was at the conference that I received one of my confirmations that this is where the Lord wants us to be serving at this time.  I also heard the message about following the spirit and taking care of each other.  Things that I am trying to do on my mission.  There was so much good said, I want to listen to it again, my notes do not do it justice.  It was wonderful to soak up the spirit of the meeting.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment