Saturday, June 29, 2013

Tender Mercies

 
“The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ” (David A. Bednar, April 2005 general conference).
The entire Bailey clan at the 100th Bailey reunion.  Tender Mercies to be able to go to this historic family gathering.  I missed my children and grandchildren!

The Sacred Grove in Palmyra NY.  Lonnie and my brother, Bill went into Palmyra while we were in NY for my Family reunion.  I had a wonderful visit with my sister, we talked and talked the day away.  It was one of those tender mercies to spend time with extended family.

 Nathan E Bailey, my Great Grandfather, born 1831 and had 22 children.  He outlived 3 of his 4 wives.  They lived in Northern Pennsylvania.  Lonnie took pictures of many of the old photos.  I would love to scan them, but if I never get the opportunity, at least I have these pics.
 Bill and Kathy
Uncle Harry and Kathy
Cousins Patty Stone and Cathy Bailey, like the shirts.
Me talking to cousins that I had not seen in about 50 years.
Elder McOmber and my Brother in law, Steve Mitchell
Cindy and her granddaughter, Adelle
Gretchen and me, she is my cousin's daughter and has been friends with my twins
.
Harlan(my dad as a cute little boy), Don, Harry(the youngest), Floyd
I got some good pictures of the Amish as the drove past my sister's home.
We flew home on Tuesday.  It was a very quick trip, but very nice to have been able to go.  A very special blessing.
 Some sisters doing service cleaning.
 
 
Elder McOmber and Elder Ball doing service cleaning.
These elders were excited to be able to drive the president's car.
President Ted and Sister Cathy Bubert went home today after 3 years of faithful service.  They are awesome.  The senior couples had a luncheon on Wednesday.  We gave them this quilt with the names of all the elders and senior couples that served under their leadership.  We are sad to see them go, but happy for them to get back to their home and family.
 

President and Sister Tew our new president and The Buberts as they depart.  We will miss them, but are happy for them to go on with their life.  We are excited to get to know  President and Sister Tew.  So wonderful that we get to know so many great people while on our mission.

This week after getting back from our trip to NY, I needed to make a Dr appointment.  Lonnie and I went to the VA to see if I could use their services since I am a retired USAR member.  We went Thursday as Wednesday was a very busy day, just getting back to our mission.  The first person we met at the VA was very helpful and set up an appointment but suggested that we go to the ER for my present problem.  I wasn't sure as it was not a "real emergency", but Lonnie convinced me to go.  They were very nice and agreed that since I did not have a primary physician that it was appropriate to go to the ER.  I ended up getting several  tests and a procedure all in one day(almost unheard of in the military medical system).  The Dr that does the procedure just happens to be there on Thursday afternoons only.  He is retired, but helps there on Thursdays.  The staff was wonderful and stayed late, past their shift to be able to help me--my personal angels.  The Lord is aware of us all and helps us along.  Tender Mercies.  We find the results of the test this next week.  I received a wonderful blessing and have comfort. 


 But behold,I...  will show unto you that the tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of ddeliverance.
1 Nephi 1:20
My granddaughter, Miranda, texted  this scripture to me, how perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Sister McOmber, you and Elder McOmber were a tender mercy for us in Long Beach. We can never thank our Heavenly Father enough for sending you or you enough for being willing to serve our missionaries so faithfully! We love our beautiful quilt and will treasure it forever! Thank your for the countless hours you spent to create our special keepsake! We love you and will continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy- I'm so thankful for your strength and example. I value your diligence, leadership, and quiet understanding. May our prayers touch your heart and strengthen your spirit.
    Love- Kerri Jo

    ReplyDelete