Sunday, July 21, 2013

I am so Thankful for Your Wonderful Support


     I feel so blessed!  I have had so much support from so many wonderful people.  We have continued our missionary work this week between Doctor appointments and family visiting.  It was transfers and we had 32 new missionaries join the best Mission in the entire world-The California Long Beach Mission.
New missionaries awaiting their first assignment.  I love how the trainer is known as the father, then the one who trained him is the grandfather and on back. 
Missionaries awaiting assignment.
Elder McOmber rents a U-Haul to pick up all the luggage at the airport.  He uses every opportunity to teach the new missionaries about bike safety and security.  Here are some of our new sisters.  He was teaching as soon as they stepped out of the van at the mission office.

Liz, Miranda, and Stetson volunteered one day to give service and did things to help our missionaries.
Bailey volunteered two days to helping Papa.  He cut his Mohawk off after the second day of service.  He was invited to go out with the AP's.  He liked Elder Dixon and Walker.  It is true you will always remember how people make you feel and they made him feel good.  I am glad and thank them!!.  He was not able to hook up with them to go out, but was seriously thinking about it!

We went to the El Dorado Park and fed the turtles and birds.  Stetson has a tortoise at home named Tank.
Sunday we had the Elders over for dinner with our family.

Elder Tolman and myself.  Sunday evening we had the departure fireside.  We are happy and sad to see Elder Tolman return home.  He was wonderful!  We are lucky, he lives in Logan and we will visit him after we go home.
Add caption

Liz, kids and I went to the Korean Friendship Bell.
We also  went to the Los Angeles Temple visitors center.  The Senior missionary there had Bailey and Stetson pull out a Book of Mormon and predicted that Bailey would go on a Spanish Speaking mission and Stetson would go first to Africa, then to an English speaking mission.  Interesting!
Stetson and Miranda.   We went to the Nethercutt Collection Museum.  It is wonderful with almost 200 totally restored cars, collections of all kinds, grand pianos, orchestral(huge boxes with the orchestra in it), wonderful things to see.  It is a collection of the Merle Norman cosmetics family.  Very impressive and worth the trip!
Liz, Miranda, Stetson with Bailey standing in the background. 
Saturday for our P day, Chad, Amy and kids came up and with Liz and kids we went to Huntington Beach.  Personally I thought it was too cold to swim, but you could not convince them.  Actually the entire week it was hotter in Rigby, ID and Liz froze down here. (She loves the heat!)

"Counting the ways the Book of Mormon brings peace to the soul is like counting the sand on the seashore."


Miranda and Liz walking to the water--wow, they are holding hands!
Bailey and Stetson got body boards and loved the waves.
Annalea and Caleb
Stetson and Chandler
Chad
After swimming and a picnic dinner, we roasted marshmallows and played with glow sticks.  Some of my favorite things to do when camping!
My grandkids back in Idaho had a Lemonade and Juice stand.  They raised $13. to help their Gammy and Papa with her expenses with Breast Cancer-both Lonnie and I cried.  This is Neli, Avri, Quin and their friend Kiana.  Maci helped also. 
This is their first customer.  Their Mom, Sara, has made many Breast Cancer awareness symbols from Vinyl.  They are everywhere, on Glen's helmet for work, all our cars and books.  I have a wonderful sign at work.  Our friend Tara Gates helped her make them.  Her twin, Amy and niece Annalea has made pink bracelets, necklaces, key rings all for breast cancer awareness.  I feel so loved and love my entire family so much!!
I am feeling so blessed!  I have such great support.
This week has been a whirlwind, but that was good in many ways!
The Doctor that is doing my surgery is awesome, I couldn't ask for a more experienced Dr.  He is an Associate Professor and Chief of Surgical Oncology for the University of California in Irvine, specializing in Breast Cancer.  Wow, the Lord provided me with the best!  He was very personable and even gave us his personal cell phone and pager numbers.  On Tuesday, July 23rd,  I will have a lumpectomy, then need radiation after healing.  He doubts that I will need chemo, but the test on the tumor after will tell for sure.  He was impressed that it was caught so early-again, the Lord is blessing us!

"May the Lord bless each one of us to follow the counsel of our prophets. We need to have family and personal prayers; study the scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon; hold family home evenings; follow the admonition of the Savior to love one another; and be thoughtful, kind, and gentle within the family. Through these and other similar small and simple things, we have the promise that our lives will be filled with peace and joy."

I also have received wonderful cards and e mails from my missionaries, friends from work at home at EIRMC, family and friends everywhere. I know my name is in several temples.  I could not ask for a better support system.  I know the Lord loves me, I trust in Him, and I love all of you!!!  THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Sister McOmber,
    You don't know me, but I just want to thank you for the things you share on your blog. My husband works with a friend of Pres. & Sis. Bubert, so when our daughter received her call to Long Beach, Sheila forwarded Sister Bubert's current email to my husband. That message happened to have a link to your blog with an encouragement to read it. I hope you don't mind that I have done just that.
    Through your pictures and posts, I feel comfortable knowing that my daughter will be in good hands. She just arrived in Long Beach on Tuesday, July 16th and you just posted 2 pictures with her in them. Thank you!!! I can't wait to get her first email from California, but in the meantime, those pictures have done a mom's heart good. :)
    Please forgive me, but at the risk of being too personal, I want to let you know that we will be praying for you with your surgery this week. Miracles can and do happen! Much love!
    Julie Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sending all our love, faith and prayers! You are an incredible example of a true disciple of Jesus Christ and I know you will be watched over during this trial. We love you and will especially be thinking of you in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete