Saturday, October 19, 2013

Ripples

     You never know the influence you might have on people.  The ripple will continue on.  I was going into the VA to have lab work drawn the other day.  I was by myself as Lonnie had an eye Dr. appointment.  I was in a funk, not thinking about too much, just sort of like "Alice the goon" (for those of you who remember the cartoon Popeye).  Walking and existing in my own world.  A Volunteer at the front door, said in a BOOMING voice, "Welcome, and have a great day".  It woke me up, I looked around at all the people, so many of them in wheelchairs, so many of them that don't have the wonderful support from family and friends and missionaries.  I repented quickly and started smiling and talking to people along the way.  When I got to the Lab, the same lady had taken my blood a couple of times before.  She commented on how cheerful I always was and that she appreciated it.  Good thing my attitude was changed by one man at the door.  The ripples of his cheerfulness went on and on in others as well, I am sure.
     My granddaughter, Miranda,  has a missionary friend that she writes to in Fiji.  She has told him about me having breast cancer and continuing to serve my mission.  He wrote her this last week speaking of me, "Man she is a huge inspiration to me.  I was telling my companion about her and how she has inspired me to be a better missionary and there is for sure someone who has it way worse than I do.  The mission world is growing and only getting stronger."  You never know how far your ripples will circle out and who you will affect.

     This week we had our annual Flu Vaccine Clinic.  We did almost all our missionaries.  Thought you would like some pictures.
Elder McOmber helped hold hands of those "scared of needles". He was also my photographer and general crowd controller. 
We had two nurses, so I helped draw up vaccine into syringes and tried to not be around too many sick people because I am immunosuppressed.  It was wonderful to see all the missionaries.
The sisters helped with the paper work.
Goofing off
Sister Tew talking to a sick elder, she would relay the information to me to protect me.
I am checking out a hurt foot.  It was a good time to see all the problems like ingrown toenails, sprained ankles, bad knee, messed up fingers.
Sister Johnson is a service missionary in our mission. We love her!  She is a big help.
     Another Granddaughter, Annalea, organized a Breast Cancer walk of Hope group in Corpus Christi.  She worked hard to get money for the registration.  She designed the tee shirts and did a good job.  The walk was today and she and 3 others walked for Breast Cancer Hope.
Chad, Julie, Grandma Julie and Annalea
The shirts she designed.
Annalea
Love the pink bathrooms!!!!!!
Annalea and Dad, Chad and pink water fountain.
     I really appreciate their efforts to walk on my behalf!!!
     Miranda also told me to look up this poem.  I love footprints in the sand, I thought she had miss typed, but she said, no this is what she wanted me to look up.  It is wonderful!  Thought I would share it.

Butt Prints In The Sand

One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some stranger prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large and round and neat,
"But Lord they are too big for feet."
"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."
"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know.
So I got tired, I got fed up,
and there I dropped you on your butt."
"Because in life, there comes a time,
when one must fight, and one must climb.
When one must rise and take a stand,
or leave their butt prints in the sand."

author unknown


1 comment:

  1. Another AMAZING post! I especially LOVE all of the great photos! We are sending all our love and prayers to you and Elder McOmber :)

    ReplyDelete