Sunday, July 15, 2012

Feeling the Spirit


Los Angeles Temple


This week was transfers.  I guess every mission does them differently.  Lonnie helped with transfers in Idaho, but here they let the Elders and Sisters figure out how to get to their new areas on their own.  We are no longer the newest missionaries in our mission.  We got 2 new sisters and 4 new elders.  One is from Sugar City, Idaho. 
Being a triage nurse on the phone sure takes some thinking.  Knowing the right questions to ask is a skill I am working on.  I am glad that I received a blessing that the spirit would help me, because I really need help.  Some days I get very few calls, and I think I am doing great, then other days the phone doesn't stop ringing and I have to refer several calls to my AMA (Dr that is over all southern CA.)  Everyone knows how much I love talking on the phone--NOT!  The Holy Ghost is really my  help.
Elder McOmber answering visitor's questions at the Temple. They just happened to stop us as we were taking pictures.  He was excited to share the Gospel with these ladies. They promised to go to church on Sunday.  The Elders live across the street from one of them and they said they would talk to the Elders.


We spend our days visiting the Elders and Sisters in their apartments.  Some are awesome, others

not so awesome.  We have recommended moving out of a couple of apartments.  It makes me want to clean my home up better. Lonnie tells them they are going to have a GI party and they don't know what that is, so he teaches them.  (a GI party is a cleaning "party") Teach your children to keep their rooms clean and how to clean the kitchen.  Elder McOmber has talked to nearly every missionary about how to clean their stoves to prevent roaches, ants and mice.


I love clearance at Walmart!!  We found this swing for outside.  We don't have alot of time to sit in it, but in the evenings we will read while sitting there.  Lonnie likes to talk on the phone while swinging.  We were given white Christmas lights that we have hooked up outside to decorate also. (Some Elders that moved were throwing away their Christmas tree). The carpet outside is one my mother and father used when the camped 20+ years ago.  It is fun to put it all together and make it our home.  We feel we are blessed!




No comments:

Post a Comment